Recipe provided by: Carrie Morey, Founder of Callie’s Hot Little Biscuit in Charleston, SC
For the veggie lovers who are looking for a way to elevate bite-sized vegetables or crackers on-the-go, this salty olive dip is the perfect accompaniment. It’s a go-to for quick + easy snacking, and transitions perfectly into a cocktail hour crudité platter.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 c ricotta cheese
- Zest from half a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive juice
- 2 c large olives with pimentos, drained
- 1/2 tsp green onion for garnish, chopped
- Place cream cheese, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, garlic clove, and chopped green onion in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the olive juice and olives to the cheese mixture and pulse until olives are chopped throughout the dip and well incorporated.
- Garnish with green onions and sliced green olives.
- Serve with a crudité platter and your favorite crackers.
Store refrigerated in a mason jar.
TIPS + TRICKS FROM CARRIE:
- Before you hit the road, pack the dip, veggies, and crackers into a metal lunch box lined with parchment paper. You can keep items cool with a small ice pack underneath the parchment paper.
- When ready to enjoy, simply dip veggies in a mason jar of dip for a handheld snack.
- Remember to pack small bowls, or plates, as well as spoons and napkins to make serving easier.
- If you happen to have any leftover dip, place extra dip in a small mason jar, add ribbon, and a note around the top and give it as a gift to your neighbors and friends!