LENGTH OF CONTRACT: Immediately- June 15, 2019
REPORTS TO: Talent Director
Charleston Wine + Food is seeking a curious, go-getter with a passion for all things food + beverage. This individual will believe in building strong relationships within the local chef and beverage community and beyond. With a meticulous eye for detail and unparallelled problem solving skills, this big-picture thinker will seek to elevate Charleston Wine + Food’s voice both locally and nationally, while strategically managing and organizing all things related to festival talent. Agility and ability to work with grace, humor, kindness and unmatched hospitality is a must.
The Talent Manager reports to the Talent Director and is responsible for managing all aspects of participating talent before, during and after the Charleston Wine + Food festival. This role manages all event and people management databases and documents and keeps all talent related information accurate and up to date. The Talent Manager assists the Talent Director in managing chef, publicist, and restaurateur relationships. This role works in conjunction with the Culinary Operations Manager and Development Team to ensure each talent participant has the necessary tools for success.
- Participate + complete all formal onboarding procedures
- Expected to maintain a presence in the CHSWFF HQ Monday – Friday
- Ensure that all participating and prospective talent information is kept up-to-date weekly
- Ensure that all talent is accurate on website (weekly once tickets have launched)
- Regularly vet all incoming talent inquiries and digital communication + respond in a timely manner
- Work with Talent Director to send, receive, organize, and coordinate all menu forms for all Charleston Wine + Food events (festival + year-round).
- Assist Talent Director to book, maintain, and maximize all talent opportunities over the course of CHSWFF’s 130+ festival events and additional year-round programming
- Assist Talent Director in managing 400+ culinary participants and 100+ beverage participants
- Ensure all partner + misc. talent is communicated with, programmed, etc.
- Assist Talent Director to ensure all festival supported talent have travel arrangements and transportation secured + booked.
- Assist Talent Director in creating itineraries for all festival supported talent.
- Work closely with Development Department to determine equipment + product needs and maximize trade partnership opportunities
- Coordinate with Transportation Coordinator for all talent transportation needs
- Work closely with the Culinary Operations department to coordinate chef schedules in all prep kitchens.
- Organize and execute packet pick-up for all guest talent and partners
- Organize access badges and working bands for all participating talent
- Coordinate cookbook signings for chefs during the festival schedule
- Helps to strategically place + program the VIP Volunteer Committee and all general volunteers for chef and beverage talent needs.
- Organize and execute post-festival reconciliation needs (attend talent recap meetings with Talent Director, assist with thank you notes, etc.)
- Acts as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship
- Recognizes and uses our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place
- Proficient in G Suite, Experience with database management using Excel and/or Google Sheets, Experience with Event/Project Management Software
- Must provide own laptop and cell phone that is able to run cloud-based softwares and apps
- Well-organized, strong communicator and passionate about building and maintaining community connections
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, managing multiple projects with shifting deadlines
- Strong ability to work strategically and efficiently in a team setting
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Experience in the food and beverage industry, or comparable experience appreciated, but not required.