STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
START DATE: Immediate
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
DIRECT REPORTS: Culinary Talent Manager, Beverage Talent Manager, Talent Coordinator (and additional support staff)
JOB OVERVIEW: Charleston Wine + Food is seeking a curious, go-getter with a passion for all things food + beverage. Our leader will believe in building strong relationships within the local chef and beverage community and beyond. With a meticulous eye for detail and unparallelled problem solving skills, this big-picture thinker will seek to elevate Charleston Wine + Food’s voice both locally and nationally while managing a team who procures and strategically organizes all things related to festival talent. Agility and ability to work with grace, humor, kindness and unmatched hospitality is a must.
This Talent Director will report to the Executive Director. The responsibilities and duties of this position described are representative, but not a comprehensive list. This is a newly-created position and a one-of-a-kind festival so other duties may be assigned.
- Shares industry insights and keeps a finger on the pulse of issues that impact the hospitality community at large
- Identify industry talent and topics of conversation that will strengthen/enhance the festival
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship.
- Recognize and use our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place.
LOGISTICAL + BUDGET MANAGEMENT
- Work closely with the Culinary Operations Manager to identify processes that will allow chef + beverage participation to run as smoothly as possible
- Ensure that goals/objectives of participating talent are met through strategic partnerships + logistical solutions
- Manage a wholistic budget for expenses associated with talent, product, equipment and logistical labor festival-wide
- Manage credentialing and travel associated with affiliated talent
- Work with the Business Manager and Transportation Coordinator to ensure that all festival supported chefs have travel arrangements secured and booked accurately.
- Works closely with Development Department and Beverage Talent Manager to manage the receiving, distributing and storage of product.
- Foster local chef + beverage industry relations through attendance at community + industry events
- Initiate conversations with new talent/prospective participants.
- Identify local/regional/out of market events where Talent Team should be present/volunteer to build relationships
- Strategically design all external communication documents/forms (example – itineraries, reimbursement forms, chef menu forms)
- Work with the Development Department to place participating partners and sponsors within the festival schedule.
- Coordinate chef talent for all Signature Dinners, Lunches, Signature Events and the Culinary Village
- Coordinate chef talent for special projects, in-office projects, Friends events, cooking classes and excursions
- Manage all situations/recaps/syncs with Chef Teams (including PR representation) to ensure that relationships are upheld + maintained
RECOMMENDED SKILLS + EXPERIENCE:
Proficient in G Suite. Budget creation + management. Minimum 5 years experience managing others. Strong network of contacts and relationships with talent, management agencies, and PR firms a plus.
Compensation commensurate with experience
Benefits: Able to opt into Health Insurance + 401K