DATES OF CONTRACT: September 1 – March 31
REPORTS TO: Senior Graphic Designer
ROLE TYPE: Contract
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: Charleston Wine + Food’s Marketing + Communications department is seeking a creative rebel, who has an innate curiosity for the world and a strong love of art. This individual will have an uncanny ability to communicate a client’s story, brand, and ideas through graphics and will utilize these skills to build the Charleston Wine + Food brand. Open-mindedness, ability to take constructive criticism, patience, and grace is a must.
- Continue design education by reading design and marketing publications, seeking out new products, and taking online classes/watching online seminars
- Create select Charleston Wine + Food collateral, supporting the Marketing + Communications Department in its goals to sell tickets and build the Charleston Wine + Food brand
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portray our values of people first, community, diversity, and good stewardship.
- Recognize and use our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling + meaningful experiences with a sense of place.
SCOPE OF WORK
- Work closely with Senior Graphic Designer and Marketing + Communications Director to understand annual marketing plan.
- Brand the Charleston Wine + Food Fall Signature Event by designing advertisements, promotional posters, eNewsletter graphics, social media graphics, and signage.
- Join Senior Graphic Designer on select pre and post quality checks for printed materials.
- Support the Senior Graphic Designer in executing select advertisements while updating the Advertisement Database to maintain organization + adhere to deadlines.
- Brand the Charleston Wine + Food Cocktail Competition by designing eNewsletter graphics, social media graphics, and other event collateral.
- Collaborate with Event Lead(s) + Senior Graphic Designer to brand select CHSWFF events by designing event signage.
- Design CHSWFF signage while updating Signage Database to maintain organization, monitor inventory, and adhere to deadlines and delivery schedules.
- Schedule weekly meetings with Event Leads + Development Department to ensure that event theme and associated partners are being displayed correctly.
- Monitor annual signage budget while working with printer + Senior Graphic Designer to implement cost-saving actions.
- Serve as the main point of contact for festival signage printing company.
- Work closely with Development Department + Senior Graphic Designer to ensure that partnerships are executed as agreed upon (i.e.: logo placement, photo/personalized recaps, etc.)
- Collaborate with Senior Graphic Designer + Business Manager to conceptualize, design, and select merchandise product for all CHSWFF branded retail.
- During festival week, the Design Assistant will be responsible for hanging/displaying signage, overseeing the organization of the signage tent, and the breakdown/inventorying of signage hardware.
- Strong ability to work strategically + efficiently
- Ability to multitask and work in a team setting
- Proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite (emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Skilled in G Suite (emphasis on Google Sheets)
- Must own a laptop that can run cloud-based programs and a mobile device that can download and run applications.
- Well organized, strong communicator, and passionate about working collaboratively with a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to bend + lift 50 pounds