Cause + Effect. Edna Lewis was a trailblazer in the contemporary revival of southern food. Her rural Virginia roots paved the way to her lifelong effort to recapture the soulful flavors of her childhood. The resounding impact of these efforts have left a mark on anyone who has tasted her food, heard her written voice, cooked with her in the kitchen or joined her for supper. Charleston Wine + Food has sewn together a stellar lineup of southern culinary influencers, to share their interpretation of Miss Lewis’ recipes. Pull up a seat and join us as we honor and celebrate Edna Lewis + her legacy.
Charleston Wine + Food is thrilled to host Sara Franklin, Volume Editor of Edna Lewis: At The Table With An American Original. Franklin, along with several of the essayists of this book will delve into their own personal encounters with Edna Lewis through a lively conversation during this event. As a guest, you will be among the first to read and experience this commemorative book.
- Tickets are all inclusive, this event will feature
- A seated dinner featuring 6 Chefs + beverage pairings per course
- This event is indoors + outdoors (dinner will take place inside)
- Dress code is cocktail casual
- Must be 21 or older to attend any Charleston Wine + Food event
- No children or infants permitted
- No pets permitted
- All events will take place rain or shine
- Event locations are subject to change
- No ticket refunds or exchanges
- Charleston Wine + Food makes no claim for tax deductibility
Charleston Wine + Food is a recognized nonprofit charitable organization under Section 501(c)(3). FED ID #: 202671674