Two of the greatest Southern contributions to our country’s cultural history are Jazz music and cocktails. As with Jazz, cocktail making typically comes down to variations on a theme. Join Jerry Slater, one of the region’s finest beverage experts and recent author of The Southern Foodways Alliance Guide to Cocktails, as he breaks down the methodology of crafting a perfectly balanced cocktail and shares the history behind some of the most beloved classic recipes. You will learn how to explore cocktail variations at home by understanding classic ratios, and you’ll leave with your own copy of the Guide to Cocktails, full of recipes from the best bartenders in the South.
What can I expect?
– All Charleston Wine + Food events are all-inclusive.
– We are still working diligently to confirm talent, so check back regularly for updates.
– Dress code is Lowcountry casual.
– You must be 21+ to attend this event (no children or infants).
– This event will take place indoors.
– Event locations are subject to change.
– No pets are permitted.