Grown in the crisp, salty waters of the Lowcountry, oysters are a beloved part of our food culture. For this experience, we are transporting you to Lady’s Island where you will see an up-close look at South Carolina’s only oyster hatchery – one of only 15 in the entire country! Following the tour + boat ride led by Frank Roberts, the Godfather of SC oysters (as they affectionately call him), you will experience an oyster-fueled lunch prepared onsite. A perfectly paired selection of wines + brews will have you sipping and slurping alongside one of the most beautiful backdrops the Lowcountry has to offer. This is sure to be one shell of a good time.
What can I expect?
– All Charleston Wine + Food events are all-inclusive.
– We are still working diligently to confirm talent, so check back regularly for updates.
– Dress code is Lowcountry casual with comfortable walking shoes.
– You must be 21+ to attend this event (no children or infants).
– A provided shuttle will transport you to the venue. Please arrive at our Excursion Hub. (Location details will be sent at a later date.)
– Curated takeaway
– No pets are permitted.
– Food allergies: Accommodations cannot be made at this event.