Shuttle Pick-up at CHSWFF Excursion Hub
We’re transporting you to an area that has been known as Mepkin for centuries. Now this estate, peppered with stunning live oaks and situated alongside the Cooper River, is home to a monastery rooted in history and farming traditions. Joined by Abbot Stan, Mepkin Abbey is offering an exclusive opportunity to tour the mushroom farm, which is not open to the public and learn about the oyster + shiitake mushrooms that flourish at the abbey. To round out your afternoon, you will hear the monks’ songful prayer and partake in a picnic lunch along the Cooper River in Luce Garden.
What can I expect?
– All Charleston Wine + Food events are all-inclusive.
– We are still working diligently to confirm talent, so check back regularly for updates.
– Dress code is Lowcountry casual with comfortable walking shoes.
– You must be 21+ to attend this event (no children or infants).
– A provided shuttle will transport you to the venue. Please arrive at our Excursion Hub. (Location details will be sent at a later date.)
– Curated takeaway.
– No pets are permitted.
– Food allergies: Accommodations cannot be made at this event.