Marika Vida, Brand Ambassador for Catena Zapata, will lead a tasting of Catena’s most coveted and world-renowned Malbec wines. Along the way she will tell the fascinating story of the Malbec grape, from its origins in Bordeaux, France where it escaped the phylloxera plague, to its new home in Argentina in the mid-19th century. Fueled by the Catena family’s passion for Malbec and their commitment to research, their historic Adrianna vineyard is considered South America’s grand cru. Marika will share some of the winery’s most acclaimed Malbecs from the high-altitude Adrianna, and guests will have the unique opportunity to taste the bold flavors and spicy aromatics of the ultimate expression of Argentina Malbec.
What can I expect?
– All Charleston Wine + Food events are all-inclusive.
– We are still working diligently to confirm talent, so check back regularly for updates.
– Dress code is Lowcountry casual.
– You must be 21+ to attend this event (no children or infants).
– This event will take place indoors.
– Event locations are subject to change.
– No pets are permitted.