On Sundays in Charleston, we brunch, and what better way to start the final day of Charleston Wine + Food than with a tasty nod to The Holy City’s divine charm + flavor? We’re bringing southern soul to this Gospel Brunch, with a sink-your-teeth-in culinary sermon led by a bold lineup of Southern chefs. No brunch is complete without the angelic sounds of a Gospel Choir and this year we have something special in store for you. Charleston Wine + Food is excited to welcome the world-famous San Francisco Gay Men’s Chorus to the festival landscape this year.
On Sunday, March 8, a Southern cotton plantation – a place that was once filled with oppression and whose essence is the antithesis of freedom – will be filled with the sounds of a choir that represents inclusivity, openness, and compassion. This is one inspiring brunch you won’t want to miss.
Venue History: Wingate Plantation was part of the colonial Brick House Plantation of Johns Island. The Plantation was owned by several families throughout its history, where it served as a family residence, producer of sea island cotton, and later a producer of vegetables and small grains.Read more…
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable between events
- All Charleston Wine + Food events are all-inclusive
- Dress in your Sunday best and don’t leave your hat at home! Please dress accordingly, as this event takes place outdoors
- A courtesy shuttle will transport guests to the event venue; this shuttle is optional. Additional details will be communicated with guests prior to the event
- All guests must be 21+ (no infants, children, or pets)
- Event details are subject to change
- Food allergies: accommodations cannot be made at this event
- This event will take place rain or shine