Get ready to ignite your senses. Storytellers gather as you sip and snack your way though an evening that can be summed up in one word… BURNED.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But what about the reverse? Can one word evoke a thousand images? Join us as we hear a well-rounded cast tell their stories. Its purpose is to bring audiences on a journey that connects, inspires and evokes a ‘sense of place’.
Each speaker will take the stage and provide the audience with rapid injections of inspiration through visuals + storytelling associated with this one word. The interpretations are endless and we can promise the stories will be ones you don’t want to miss.
• Amy Mills of the award-winning 17th Street BBQ talks about the powerful combination of wood, smoke and family.
• Ed Currie, the grower of The Carolina Reaper, talks about finding his way to the world’s hottest pepper and its impact on lives.
• Anita Singleton-Prather, revered Lowcountry Gullah Storyteller, tells the story of Light.
• The talented team from The Obstinate Daughter demonstrate and serve a smoked cocktail with a twist and a dream.
• Healer Elli Richter serves up how raw cacao is a powerful heart opener that paves the way to transformation
• Russ & Daughters, the torchbearers of Jewish food in America, now run by the fourth-generation of the family, take us through the journey of the growth of an institution hailed by the Smithsonian Institute, and the National Register of Historic Places.
• And several other surprises to delight the senses!
What can I expect?
– All Charleston Wine + Food events are all-inclusive.
– We are still working diligently to confirm talent, so check back regularly for updates.
– Small bites + sips will be offered before the event, so don’t be late!
– Dress code is Lowcountry casual.
– You must be 21+ to attend this event (no children or infants).
– This event is rain or shine.
– Event locations are subject to change.
– No pets are permitted.
– Food allergies: Accommodations cannot be made at this event.