DATES OF CONTRACT: March 4 – March 11, 2019 (+3 sessions of training at CHSWFF HQ – exact dates, TBD)
REPORTS TO: Event Manager + Event Director
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: The Snack Lead handles the fundamental aspects of managing the setup of Snack area rentals, the load-in of sponsors and chefs, the execution of Snack area operations, and the breakdown of the Snack areas. The position will also assist with additional tasks in the Marion Square Culinary Village, as needed.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Be present on-site in the Culinary Village from March 4 – March 11, 2019
- Oversee setup for Snack areas
- Manage all ongoing operations of Snack areas
- Check in with chefs periodically during demonstrations
- Place correct demo signage for each session
- Work with Disposables Lead to ensure each demo area is prepped with necessary serveware
- Work with Fire Lead to ensure all Snack needs are met
- Assist chefs as needed to complete turnover between demo sessions
- Manage volunteers as necessary to assist with operations of Snacks
- Act as point of contact for chefs within Culinary Village when necessary
- Work with Charleston Wine + Food team in the Culinary Village on Monday following the festival to clean Marion Square
- Exhibits excellent guest experience skills and can lead volunteers to deliver best in the world guest experience to our attendees and vendors.
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship. Recognizes and uses our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place
- Skills Required are the ability to lift 25 lbs + stand for periods of time, interpersonal skills, and great attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a quick problem-solver and extremely organized. They must be comfortable acting as an extension of Charleston Wine + Food to local + visiting chef teams.