DATES OF CONTRACT: March 4 – March 11, 2019 (+3 sessions of training at CHSWFF HQ – exact dates, TBD)
REPORTS TO: Event Manager + Event Director
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: The Culinary Village Operations Lead handles the fundamental aspects of managing the setup of Tobacco Street and all back of house logistics at the Marion Square Culinary Village. This includes overseeing setup of tents and rentals as requested, the organization of festival shipping and receiving operations, golf cart and radio check out, the execution of the back of house operations, and the breakdown of Tobacco Street. The position may also assist with additional tasks in the Marion Square Culinary Village, as needed.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Be present on-site in the Culinary Village March 4 – March 11, 2019
- Act as second-in-command as it relates to all logistical needs/requests
- Act as second-in-command as contact for Culinary Village tent leads
- Manage on-site office space
- Organize and assign radios for staff
- Oversee check in/out of golf carts + keys in Marion Square
- Assist with traffic control of vendors, exhibitors and vehicles loading/unloading at Marion Square
- Work with off-duty officers and security to keep Tobacco Street safe and vehicles efficiently moved
- Manage shipping and receiving of items arriving to village
- Receive packages as they come in and distribute to correct destination
- Assist exhibitors in locating their packages during exhibitor load-in
- Work with Charleston Wine + Food team in the Culinary Village on Monday following the festival to clean the Culinary Village
- Exhibits excellent guest experience skills and can lead volunteers to deliver best in the world guest experience to our attendees and vendors.
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship. Recognizes and uses our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place
- Skills Required are the ability to lift 25 lbs + stand for up to 8 hours, great interpersonal skills, attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a quick problem-solver, a strong leader, and organized + enthusiastic. They must be comfortable with being a face of Charleston Wine + Food to many on the ground, and know when to speak on behalf of the organization and when to reach out to other team members.