DATES OF CONTRACT: Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 10, 2019
REPORTS TO: Event Manager + Event Director
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: The Fire Lead handles the fundamental aspects of managing the setup of the open flame chef demo stations, the preparation and maintenance of open flame chef demos, and the breakdown + proper disposal open flame chef demo stations.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Be present on-site in the Culinary Village Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 10, 2019
- Assist with the setup of open flame areas
- Assist with distribution of charcoal + wood within the Culinary Village
- Maintain fires
- Work with chefs to adjust open flame for individual needs
- Clean out open flame areas each day, and properly dispose of hot coals
- Assist with breakdown and storage of all open fire cooking apparatuses
- Work with open fire demo chefs and festival team to complete other tasks as assigned
- Ensure that open flame chef stations (signage, serviceware + linens) are ready for each rotation
- Act as Charleston Wine + Food representative for any open flame activation needs/questions
- Visit Charleston Wine + Food office prior to festival to meet team, and with Talent Department specifically to learn best practices
- Exhibits excellent guest experience skills and can lead volunteers to deliver best in the world guest experience to our attendees and vendors.
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship. Recognizes and uses our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place
- Skills Required are the ability to lift 50 lbs + stand for up to 8 hours at a time, interpersonal skills, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a quick problem-solver and organized. They must have a knowledge of proper set-up, break-down and disposal techniques for open-flame cooking devices.