DATES OF CONTRACT: March 4 – March 11, 2019 (+1 session of training at CHSWFF HQ – exact dates, TBD)
REPORTS TO: Event Manager + Event Director
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: The Culinary Village Disposables Lead handles the fundamental aspects of managing the organization and distribution of all compostable serveware + cutlery in the Culinary Village. This includes receiving orders, organizing all pieces, and distributing all pieces to appropriate areas. The position may also assist with additional tasks in the Marion Square Culinary Village, as needed.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Be present on-site in the Spike Warehouse one week prior to organize/sort all disposables
- Receive delivery of all disposables to Storage Tent week of festival (exact date TBD)
- Sort all disposables according to appropriate demo for the Culinary Village prior to Friday, March 8
- Work with Tent Coordinators and Volunteers to distribute all disposables to appropriate demo
- Assist as needed to ensure that all disposable needs are met for each culinary demonstration
- Make note of where disposables were short, or overstocked
- Work with Charleston Wine + Food team to ensure that all remaining disposables are either:
- Clearly labeled + placed into clear tupperware bins, organized by specific disposable
- Organized in cardboard boxes + clearly labeled for easy load-out
- Completely put away + easy to send back to the CHSWFF offices
- Work with Charleston Wine + Food team in the Culinary Village on Monday following the festival to clean park
- Exhibits excellent guest experience skills and can lead volunteers to deliver best in the world guest experience to our attendees and vendors.
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship. Recognizes and uses our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place
- Skills Required are the ability to lift 25 lbs + stand for periods of time, interpersonal skills, and great attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a quick problem-solver and extremely organized.