DATES OF CONTRACT: March 4 – March 11, 2019 (+3 sessions of training at CHSWFF HQ – exact dates, TBD)
REPORTS TO: Event Manager + Event Director
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: The Corkyard Lead handles the fundamental aspects of managing the setup of the Corkyard rentals, the load-in of the Corkyard sponsors + exhibitors, the execution of the Corkyard operations, and the breakdown of the Corkyard. The position will also assist with additional tasks in the Marion Square Culinary Village, as needed.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Act as primary contact to The Corkyard once exhibitors once they’ve attended 2019 Culinary Village training sessions.
- Be present on-site in the Culinary Village March 4 – March 11, 2019
- Oversee placement of signage over all Corkyard structures
- Oversee load-in of exhibitors and assist as needed
- Enforce rules and regulations as they appear in the exhibitor handbook
- Oversee set up of rentals in the Corkyard
- Serve on-site as primary contact for all wineries, assisting and answering questions as needed
- Be present in the Corkyard through all hours of Culinary Village to act as main contact to exhibitors and sponsors with activations
- Familiarize yourself with Partner activations within the Corkyard, and ask Development team if there are any special requests regarding Partners’ time in the Culinary Village
- Fulfill exhibitor and sponsor requests as needs arise
- Work with Charleston Wine + Food team in the Culinary Village on Monday following the festival to clean Corkyard space
- Exhibits excellent guest experience skills and can lead volunteers to deliver best in the world guest experience to our attendees and vendors.
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portrays our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship. Recognizes and uses our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place
- Skills Required are the ability to lift 25 lbs + stand for up to 8 hours, great interpersonal skills, attention to detail. The ideal candidate is a quick problem-solver, a strong leader, and organized + enthusiastic.