DATES OF CONTRACT June 15, 2018 – May 1, 2019
REPORTS TO: Talent Director
ROLE TYPE: Contract Position
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: The Beverage Talent Manager reports to the Talent Director and is responsible for managing all aspects of the beverage talent before, during and after the Charleston Wine + Food festival. This role manages all event software systems and keeps all talent/product related information up to date. The Beverage Talent Manager assists the Talent Director in managing vendor, publicist + distributor relationships. This role works in conjunction with the Culinary Operations Manager and additional talent support staff to ensure each beverage participant has the necessary tools (food, product, equipment) for success.
- Participate + complete all formal onboarding procedures.
- Expected to maintain a presence in the CHSWFF HQ Monday – Friday.
- Ensure that Beverage Talent information is kept up-to-date weekly.
- Regularly vet all incoming talent inquiries and digital communication + responds in a timely, immediate manner.
- Ensure that all Beverage Talent is accurate on website.
- Works with Talent Director to send, receive and coordinate all menu forms for all events during the festival.
- Assist Talent Director in creating Itineraries for all festival-supported beverage talent.
- Assist Talent Director to book + maintain beverage talent over the course of CHSWFF’s 120+ events year-round.
- Assist Talent Director in managing 100+ beverage participants.
- Ensure all partner + misc. talent is communicated with, programmed, etc.
- Assist Talent Director to ensure all festival supported beverage talent have travel arrangements secured + booked.
- Collaborate with the Chef Talent Team to discuss food/ beverage pairings and the quantities needed –ensures that talent is booked, product is secured, and there are no conflicts in pre-existing event schedule.
- Create schedules with bar service partner to ensure timely delivery of event items to all off site events. This includes beverage event items including beverage product, ice, water, bar tools, partner collateral, etc.
- Works closely with the Talent Director to strategically place + program the VIP Volunteer Committee.
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portray our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship.
- Recognize and use our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place.
- Strong ability to work strategically and efficiently.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team setting.
- Well-organized, strong communicator and passionate about building and maintaining community connections.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Proficient use of G Suite.
- Must own a laptop that can run cloud-based programs, a mobile device that can download and run applications.
- Experience in the food & beverage industry a plus, but not required.
- Ability to bend and lift 50lbs.