Charleston Wine + Food festival will take place March 2 – 6, 2022.
Signature Dinners and Brunches + Lunches will take place Thursday, March 3 – Saturday, March 5, 2022.
CHSWF PARTICIPANT ITINERARY
Charleston Wine + Food takes great care in the programming of Talent at festival events. We want your participation to make sense for you and your business. After mutually agreed upon participation, an official festival itinerary will be sent to the Talent via email.
Product needed for your events during Charleston Wine + Food will be procured by the Culinary Operations and/or Logistics team based on completed and approved menu forms. Charleston Wine + Food will not reimburse for food cost or shipping of prepared food unless pre-approved. Menu forms must be submitted by the communicated deadline to ensure that product can be procured in time for the Charleston Wine + Food festival.
Charleston Wine + Food will provide per head stipends for all Signature Dinners and Brunches + Lunches to the host restaurants.
COMPLIMENTARY TALENT ACCESS BADGES
Each Talent will receive one (1) complimentary Talent Access badge, plus one (1) guest badge for participating in one event at Charleston Wine + Food. For any additional events, Talent will receive one (1) additional guest badge. Each badge provides access to 10-15 events across the festival landscape.
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS + POLICIES
Charleston Wine + Food is requiring all guests, staff, Talent, and vendors to provide proof they are fully vaccinated* against COVID-19 OR provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test. The test must have been taken within 72 hours of each day you are participating. Currently Charleston Wine + Food is exploring on-site testing capabilities for participating talent and technology to shorten wait-times and prove entrance eligibility.
*According to the CDC, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public space where people are present. By attending Charleston Wine + Food, you expressly agree to comply with any and all rules and safety guidelines put in place by the event organizers, and voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, waiving all claims and potential claims against the event organizers and their affiliated companies relating to such risks.
We ask that you not attend if any of the following is true for you:
- Within 14 days before attending the festival you have tested positive, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for, COVID-19;
- Within 48 hours prior to attending the festival, you have experienced symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g., a fever of 100.4F or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking muscle pain/achiness, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nasal congestion, runny nose, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue, or any other symptoms associated with COVID-19 identified by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention);
- Within 14 days prior to attending the festival, you have travelled to any international territory identified by federal or applicable state or local governments as being subject to travel or quarantine advisories due to COVID-19.
If any of the above conditions are true, we ask that you immediately contact our Talent Manager, Jenna Kepley, so that we can find a replacement for your event.
Please note that Charleston Wine + Food will adhere to federal and local mandates and regulations. Organization policies are subject to change.
We like to show off our participating Talent. Through your participation in Charleston Wine + Food you may be photographed or recorded. Participating Talent hereby grants Charleston Wine + Food the right and license to publish, print, display, record and use (by photograph, film, tape, and any other method or device) the participating Talent’s, and all of its credentialed employees’ and guests’, name, voice, image and likeness while at the festival (the “Recordings”), and use such Recordings for any and all purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including and not limited to social media.
Participating Talent is solely responsible for the security of all goods, property, equipment, materials, product or any other items (“Participant’s Property”) that it or its agents, or other representatives bring to the Charleston Wine + Food festival. Charleston Wine + Food shall have no obligation or liability whatsoever for any loss, misplacement or theft of Participant’s Property unless such loss, misplacement, or theft directly arises from the Charleston Wine + Food’s willful misconduct.
CHANGES TO PROCEDURES AND PROTOCOLS
As we all have seen over the past 2 years, even the best of plans change. Written notice will be sent to all confirmed Talent if any changes occur to our 2022 festival procedures or protocols.
Charleston Wine + Food will provide reimbursement for travel up to $500 with provided receipts. Reimbursement may include airfare for the Visiting Talent, transportation to and from their home airport, and/or mileage.
Charleston Wine + Food will provide the Visiting Talent one (1) hotel room accommodation for the dates associated with their festival itinerary. All other expenses, including meals, additional festival tickets, retail purchases, and hotel incidentals are the Talent’s responsibility along with any additional chefs/guests/assistants that travel to Charleston and any associated travel costs for these guests. Hotel accommodations will be shared via your festival itinerary.
CHSWF Code of Conduct
People First. Community. Good Stewardship.
These are the driving principles of Charleston Wine + Food…and we ask that they drive your own participation in our community gathering.
Thank you – truly – for bringing your talents to the table. We could not do this without you. We hope you will enthusiastically support our organizational code of conduct, which is a pretty basic recipe for “Being a Good Human:”
- Be yourself! Participating authentically lends your uniqueness to the tapestry that is our festival.
- Know that we have ZERO tolerance for harassment or discrimination. If you are a target, please let us know. If you are a violator, we’ll be sure you know. For the record: harassment and discrimination can include but are not limited to offensive comments pertaining to disability, physical appearance or body type, gender, gender identity, sexuality, mental or cognitive function, religion, body size, race, or ethnicity.
- Violence and threats of violence will not be tolerated; the “heat of the moment” is not an excuse.
- Deliberate intimidation, unwelcome sexual attention, and other aggressions like mis-gendering or harassing will not be tolerated.
Any violations of our code of conduct will be investigated immediately and mitigated.