Recipe provided by: Michael Toscano, Owner and Chef of Le Farfalle in Charleston, SC
Is there anything that screams “road trip” more than trail mix? It’s the single snack that has everything covered – salty, sweet, and crunchy – and is also the perfect snack for introducing elements of creativity. Forget the basics; Chef Michael Toscano loves shopping at Italian specialty shops to source some of his favorite ingredients, and is excited to bring these flavors together in the ultimate Italian trail mix.
Serves 4 Ravenous Roadtrippers
- 2 c vanilla wafer cookies, broken into bite size pieces
- 2 c olive oil taralli
- 1 c parmigiano crisps, broken into 1 inch pieces
- 1 c candied walnuts
- 3 oz hot soppressata or salami calabrese, thinly sliced into 1 inch pieces
- Toss ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.