Recipe provided by: Caroline Glover, Owner and Chef of Annette in Aurora, CO
When Chef Caroline Glover travels, it’s always important that she has food that not only tastes amazing, but makes her feel good, too. She wants to be able to hit the ground running on each + every adventure, and fueling her body the right way plays a huge role in doing so. These chewy granola bars are so easy to make, and can be interchangeable with whatever you have on hand (who wants to go grocery shopping before a big trip?!); feel free to change up the ingredients with your favorite nuts, seeds, dried fruits, or even dark chocolate. This is a super versatile recipe, so make it your own!
- 2 c puffed brown rice cereal
- 1 c old fashioned oats
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- 1/2 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c dates, chopped
- 1 c all natural peanut butter, unsweetened
- 1 1/4 c brown rice syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- Flaky sea salt to finish
- Combine all ingredients except for the salt in a large bowl and mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Spray a 12×10 shallow pan with non-stick spray and press the granola into the pan. Give your hands a spray as well to keep the ingredients from sticking.
- Sprinkle with salt and press again.
- Let bars chill in the fridge until they are firm.
- Cut into 8 generous pieces.
These can live outside the fridge for about a week, perfect for your on the road adventures.