Recipes are instructions; receipts are biographies, shared at the table.Charleston Receipts, collected by the Junior League of Charleston, is the inspiration for this year’s Charleston Wine + Food Opening Night Gala. Charleston Receipts was first published in 1950, and is known as the Bible of Southern Cooking. This collection of receipts is old Charleston on paper. The book includes beautiful illustrations and through it’s use of the Gullah language, serves to preserve that unique part of our Lowcountry heritage. It also, of course, includes recipes receipts that have inspired and confounded cooks for generations. Through the Junior League of Charleston, all proceeds from the sales of Charleston Receipts have always gone directly back into the local community. As the oldest Junior League cookbook still in print, this publication has raised well over $1,000,000 during its nearly 65 years. Today’s sales will support the Junior League of Charleston’s current focus area of combating hunger and homelessness in the tri-county area, though partnerships with Lowcountry Food Bank, Habitat for Humanity, Florence Crittenton, Communities in Schools, and others. Please click here to purchase your copy, or click here to get one of the last remaining tickets to Opening Night Gala presented by the Art Institute of Charleston.
10 Ways the App Makes It Easy
- Organizes all components of the festival including the ability to view event descriptions, details, and participants
- Detailed information about the heart of the festival ~ Culinary Village ~ including demo schedules and vendors
- Create your own custom schedule with detailed event information
- Scheduled reminders with each event’s location and start time easily created to streamline your festival experience
- Interactive maps display the layout of downtown Charleston with the ability to zoom further into Marion Square for a more detailed map of the Culinary Village!
- Push notifications provide up-to-the-minute messages about any changes that may take place throughout the festival weekend.
- Rate your favorite participants and events to spread (and share) the love
- Connect + participate in the festival's social media channels in one convenient place
- Helpful tips and festival facts make navigating Charleston and BB&T Charleston Wine + Food a breeze
- It's free!