BB&T Charleston Wine + Food will celebrate the decade with our annual festival from March 4 – 8, 2015. The 10th annual festival is a grand celebration of the culinary treasures of Charleston and beyond with over 200 chefs (local and guest) coming in from around the country to cook, eat, drink, and celebrate 10 years of BB&T Charleston Wine + Food. Over 48 winemakers, mixologists and beer experts will join to toast the decade in 2015. With over 100 events showcasing the very best that Charleston has to offer, here are some numbers to celebrate the decade.
- The 2015 festival is hosting 107 individual events, including 24 Signature Dinners, taking place throughout March 4-8 with 355 volunteers (and counting) by our side.
- The $85 ticket to Culinary Village (the heart of the festival – March 6-8) includes all-access to 13 distinct culinary experiences from 12pm – 6pm daily.
- The Culinary Village features 6 new tents including the Third Space presented by Summers Corner hosting over 80 intimate chef demos over three days. The Third Space will feature 5 smaller-tents representing Land, Air, Sea, Earth and Fire.
- Off of Third Space is Rose Garden + Grilling presented by Chateau D’Esclans featuring over 11 grilling demos, including a Grilled Cheese Competition on Saturday afternoon.
- The other side of Third Space will be the expanded Biergarten presented by Bay Street Biergarten featuring 14 breweries from the Carolinas and beyond. The back of the Third Space features our new Fire area where 2 whole Border Springs lambs will be on a spit and 5 Cowboy Cauldrons will grill up delights throughout the weekend.
- There are 62 participants in the Grand Tasting Tent presented by Baker Motor Company and 35 participants in the Artisan Market presented by Rewined throughout the Culinary Village.
- The Hands-On Kitchen presented by SCE&G features over 8 opportunities to roll up your sleeves and get into our kitchens!
- The Cookbook Retail Shop presented by Williams-Sonoma features 18 book signings with top cookbook and beverage authors.
- 1 bus! Southern Foodways Alliance is bringing their new Oral History Bus to collect Lowcountry oral histories at the Culinary Village throughout the festival for your listening pleasure all year long. SFA will also premiere their new maritime project at the festival, so enjoy culinary stories from the South Carolina coast all weekend.
- A new Music Stage featuring over 15 local bands will bring lively energy and music to the Culinary Village.
The countdown is officially on for BB&T Charleston Wine + Food in March – come and join the festival fun!