This week marks the first time you can support our non-profit this season by purchasing tickets to our inaugural event, BB&T Charleston Wine + Food’s Annual Ticket Launch Party presented by Limehouse Produce! This year, we affectionately call our ticket launch event Party @ The Power House – it will be electric, so sizzle over and pick up tickets while they are still available!
8.27.2014 is our first event of many more to come, and it officially kicks off our celebration of a decade of BB&T Charleston Wine + Food. We are thrilled to offer a taste of double-digit-worthy excitement at our upcoming annual festival: Wednesday, March 4 – through Sunday, March 8. Already you may notice something new: a day! We’re launching festivities for the festival on Wednesday, March 4 with our annual kick-off to chefs in gala-style under a magical tent in Marion Square, presented by The Art Institute of Charleston. Tickets for this not-to-be-missed celebration (like most festival events) will go on sale on Wednesday, August 27th, so please mark your calendars!
Returning to Our Main Thing
BB&T Charleston Wine + Food is a non-profit that celebrates Charleston, our impressive lowcountry ingredients, inspiring flavors, a local food culture rich in tradition and award-winning chefs. That’s a lot to celebrate, and we have a lot of work to do! The festival is at the heart of our mission, bringing old and new friends together to learn, laugh and commune with local and national masters. We have taken great effort to cut expenses, foster sponsorships that truly benefit our mission, and plan to donate more year upon year to our culinary and hospitality scholarships. The financial shift in planning is underway with a renewed focus on partnership (sponsors and friends) development.
Support Our Non-Profit
It’s simple – join us! Here are five easy ways you can step up:
1. Become a Friend – Friends give generously now and enjoy benefits like intimate year-round events, curated festival tickets, and concierge-level service throughout the festival weekend. This is the quickest and best way an individual with means can step up. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive information on how to become a Friend of the Festival!
2. Buy A Ticket (or many!) – Starting Wednesday, August 27, BB&T Charleston Wine + Food will offer our 2014-2015 festival tickets for sale. Get ready for an improved website with new sorting options like UNDER $100 – a new website for our new decade, coming soon! In the meantime, get your tickets to our PARTY @ THE POWER HOUSE.
3. Become a Volunteer – Starting in Early October, we put up a volunteer form. Volunteers help us run events, check tickets, meet and greet, and learn the festival inside and out to give our guests a memorable experience during the festival. Have a special gift you want to share with the festival? Let us know about it. We’ll be posting reminders in September, but mark your calendar and plan to volunteer!
4. Join Our Newsletter – are you signed up and receiving our newsletters? If not, sign up at the bottom of our website homepage. Are you forwarding to friends and sharing? Awesome, thanks!
5. Spread the Word – help us by being our ambassador. Bring a friend to our launch party, or share the news on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (hashtag: #CHSWFF). Read our weekly blog posts, starting this week, and let’s share and celebrate BB&T Charleston Wine + Food over dinner with friends.