Check our website the week of August 27 to see the schedule of events before the on sale date
1. Mark Your Calendar: The dates of the festival are Wednesday, March 4 – Sunday, March 8. The annual Opening Night Gala presented by the Art Institute of Charleston will kick off the festivities on Wednesday, March 4.
2. Culinary Village will run from Friday, March 6 through Sunday, March 8 from 12-6pm each day. Your $85 ticket ($70 for locals on Sunday) grants you access to a full day (6 hours) of eating, drinking and merriment throughout the Village. Tickets are offered daily as First Taste or Second Taste, which is your 2 ½ hour tasting experience in the Baker Motor Company Grand Tasting Tent. Spend the rest of the day enjoying new Village features, including our new Summers Corner Third Space with chef conversations and tastings, a SCE&G hands-on kitchen, Diageo cocktail pop-ups, live music and more. Start dreaming about your date with the festival in March for a full day of food, drink and fun!
3. Perfectly Paired dinners have become Signature Dinners! Signature Dinners allow local chefs to work creatively with their guest chef and winemakers to create a once-in-a-lifetime experience for guests. Become putty in the capable hands of our chefs and beverage experts as they collaborate to celebrate the decade. Signature Dinners will take place onThursday, Friday and Saturday nights. Spreading them out allows more opportunities to experience the Signature Dinners local chefs and their guests are creating exclusively for the festival.
4. Our annual poster celebrating Year 10 (X) will be available for purchase on-line early this year – 8.27.2014! We’re delighted to share our poster collaboration with esteemed Charleston-based artist Jonathan Green. His work, Loaded Rice Barge, evokes the rich cultural stories of the Lowcountry, its food and traditions. Expect the full story about this inspiring collaboration soon.
Annual Poster Sneak Peek!
5. Storytelling is the festival theme for 2015, and the stories of our chefs, our purveyors, our ingredients, and guests joining the festival will be at the heart of the BB&T Charleston Wine + Food experience. We’ll launch an oral history program with Southern Foodways Alliance to collect culinary stories of the Lowcountry on their new SFA Oral History Bus (on loan from Jim ‘N Nick’s) parked at the Culinary Village.
6. Our new website is launching the week of August 27th (keep your eyes peeled for a first look at the 2015 ticket schedule) and will showcase our schedule of events confirmed and ready to go for launch! Ticket sales will begin the morning of Wednesday, August 27th.
7. Friends have benefits, including a preview of our ticket schedule and an ability to purchase tickets before they go on sale. If you’d like to be a friend, call Nysa Hicks at 843-727-9998 x8 and enjoy these perks for the 2015 festival. Your donation not only gets you perks, but most importantly it supports our non-profit organization.
8. What to expect from BB&T Charleston Wine + Food? The 2015 events will be more intimate, so be sure to check our new website to find out when an event is close to selling out. The event schedule is more festive and friendly, and with over 25 events under $100, we have culinary experiences for every budget.
9. X MARKS THE SPOT: Win tickets to the festival all year simply by finding inspiration in our decade! The Roman numeral for 10 is X, and all year we are celebrating the 10-year anniversary of Wine + Food with stunning X images that showcase Charleston, our food, our chefs, and fun! Hashtag #CHSWFX across social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter,Instagram) and you automatically enter to win tix – first up, Party @ The Power House tickets for 8.27.2014. Enter to experience the decade with us!
10. Enjoy a SNEAK PEEK some of the events at the 2015 festival: Fish Fry + Clam Bake at home with Chef Mike Lata, High Tea with Nathalie Dupree and guests, Cross-Culture BBQ featuring pit masters paired with top chefs’ twists on a Southern staple, Signature Dinners, and a Culinary Village that features delicious and festive experiences in every single area.
We hope you are as amped as we are to celebrate the decade of BB&T Charleston Wine + Food! See you at the Party @ The Power House – our ticket launch presented by Limehouse Produce on 8.27.2014 (rain date: 9.03). Tickets are almost sold out!