DATES OF CONTRACT: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019
REPORTS TO: Marketing + Communications Director
ROLE TYPE: Contract Position
CONTRACT OVERVIEW: Charleston Wine + Food is seeking a creative, go-getter with a passion for sharing stories and creating connections. With a meticulous eye for detail and innate creative writing ability, this visionary will seek to elevate Charleston Wine + Food’s brand online and in our community at large. Wittiness and ability to work with grace, humor, kindness and unmatched problem solving skills a must.
- Recognize that shared stories are the catalyst for human connection and identify opportunities to share Charleston Wine + Food’s stories in a meaningful way online.
- Identify topics of conversation that will strengthen/enhance the festival.
- Work with marketing department to coordinate day-to-day activities that lead to the completion of projects and task
- Act as a brand representative of Charleston Wine + Food and portray our values of people first, community, diversity and good stewardship.
- Recognize and use our higher purpose as a guide in every decision made on behalf of the festival: to be a catalyst for connections that inspire curiosity through thoughtful storytelling and meaningful experiences with a sense of place.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Maintain, create, and oversee festival related content on the website.
- Assist with readying the website for ticket launch in August, including writing copy for events.
- Maintain the organization’s presence throughout the year on all active social media platforms, identifying opportunities to increase influence and maximize brand exposure.
- Create a plan for week-of festival social media and execute this plan with support from CofC cohorts, Street Team, and festival photographers.
- Support the Development and Marketing Departments to track + execute partner social media deliverables + marketing benefits.
- Identify ways to elevate + magnify partner and talent experiences with Charleston Wine + Food.
- Monitor notifications from all platforms – emphasizing Charleston Wine + Food’s willingness to respond and engage with our consumers.
- Assist in providing social media metrics and reports and monthly SWOT analyses.
- Oversee and manage the CHSWFF Street Team. Find ways to keep this group engaged throughout the year.
- Oversee email marketing campaigns including content creation + suggestions for increasing the reach of this marketing channel.
- Enhance Charleston Wine + Food’s presence in the community include aiding in the management of our College of Charleston Fellowship program
- Maintain advertising database and deliverables.
- Assist in the creation of the Marketing + Communications Department + partner recap documents and the festival’s annual report.
- Strong ability to work strategically + efficiently
- Ability to multitask and work in a team setting
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Creative mindset
- Strong writing skills
- Prior experience with social media management + content creation
- Technical aptitude
- Experience with graphics + video a plus
- Must own a laptop that can run cloud-based programs and a mobile device that can download and run applications.
- Well organized, strong communicator, and passionate about working collaboratively with a team